The screwdriver’s main purpose is to connect with and tighten or loosen fastening screws. Usually the design consists of a molded plastic handle and a thin metal shaft with a special head that fits each particular screw type. The two most widely used screwdrivers are the flathead and the Phillips head screwdrivers.
1. Invention of the late Middle Ages
2. Origin: Europe
3. Early screwdriving innovator: Leonardo da Vinci
4. Phillips screwdriver debut: 1934
5. Phillips screwdriver inventor: Henry F. Phillips
6. Phillips head screwdrivers fit with screws that have a crosshead design; that is, the screw’s groove is shaped like a plus sign
7. Flathead screwdrivers connect with screws that are simply slotted like a minus sign
Other Popular Screwdriver Types
1. Robertson (screw groove is square-shaped)
2. Hex (screw groove is hexagonal)
3. Torx (screw groove is star-shaped, as if two triangles were placed on top of one another)
A screw is a shaft with a helical groove or thread formed on its surface and provision at one end to turn the screw , a screw has a head with a contour such that an appropriate screwdriver tip can be engaged in it in such a way that the application of sufficient torque to the screwdriver will cause the screw to rotate.
The screwdriver comprises a head or tip which engages with a screw, a mechanism to apply torque. This is how hard the drill or tools can twist. Generally, the higher the torque the better it will perform.
In physics, torque can informally be thought of as “rotational force”….
By rotating the tip, and some way to position and support the screwdriver. A typical hand screwdriver comprises an approximately cylindrical handle of a size and shape to be held by a human hand, and an axial shaft.
Posted by : Agus Mardiana